Please call the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at 651-201-3920 or visit Minnesota Department of Health for more information. Please visit the CDC Website for more information about the Coronavirus. You can also read the CDC’s Steps to Prevent Illness.
For Midwest Patients:
We are seeing patients at all three of our clinics.
What we are doing:
- Implemented social distancing measures in clinic.
- Enhanced cleaning measures.
- All staff and visitors will wear masks.
- Additional PPE will be worn by both physicians and other providers for certain procedures.
- We ask all patients to attend their appointment alone or with only one caregiver when necessary (i.e. child, etc.)
- We are screening all individuals for COVID-like symptoms at the time of scheduling and upon their arrival.
- Our staff are also being screened with daily wellness checks inclusive of temperature checks
- We are following relevant guidelines from the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health.
- All patients have the option of waiting in their car and Midwest Allergy & Asthma shot patients are being asked to wait in their car post injection.
- We are offering virtual appointments from the safety and comfort of your own home.
Surgeries: Here is what you can expect when having surgery at the Midwest Surgery Center (MWSC)
MWSC has implemented changes as outlined by the CDC and MDH to mitigate risk exposure of staff and patients to COVID.
We will not be performing surgery on patients with a known history of COVID or any history of exposure to a person with COVID.
All surgical patients will be tested for COVID 5-7 days before their surgery date as an extra precautionary measure. These tests are being performed curbside at MWSC.
All patients and visitors must wait in their cars until they are ready to be seen.
Two consents will be required to complete. First, a surgical consent that indicates you understand what procedure you are having, the possible risks and had an opportunity to ask questions and are okay with moving forward with surgery. Second, a COVID consent indicates that you understand the risks involved having surgery during the COVID pandemic.
Please do not come to clinic if you have any new onset illness that involves fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or loss of taste.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and recommendations are changing quickly. You can trust we are doing our best to navigate this difficult time.
How can I help protect myself and others?
There are simple everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact (at least 3 feet away) with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a flexed elbow or tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home and contact your primary care provider if you develop symptoms, have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or if you have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
Call Midwest Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists at (651) 702-0750 for more information or to schedule an appointment.